It’s been a whirlwind of a year for Teachers Who Pray. Here are a few highlights from 2018:
- Our founder and CEO Marilyn Rhames received a standing ovation for her TEDx talk “Why Faith Will Fix Education” in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Marilyn delivering a speech on Dr. Martin Luther King at a commemorative ceremony of the 50-year anniversary of his death at the US Department of Education in Washington, D.C.
- Marilyn attending a 40-day spiritual leadership retreat in the Superior National Forest of northern Minnesota
- Marilyn finishing her book about on Jesus entitled The Master Teacher: 12 Spiritual Lessons that Can Transform Schools and Revolutionize Public Education (to be released in March 2019)
- TWP hosting its 5th Annual Conference in Chicago; 3rd annual EDify Retreat in Mukwonago, WI; and its 2nd Curriculum Writing retreat for a for-teachers-by-teachers publication on racial reconciliation in schools
- TWP being featured in recent Christianity Today and Education Next articles
- Marilyn was on the design team and panelist for Harvard University’s new Leadership Institute of Faith and Education, which had its first convening in October
- Marilyn participated in teacher roundtable discussion with Sec. Betsy DeVos, and then prayed with Sec. DeVos after the meeting at the US Department of Education in Washington, D.C.
Yet there is so much more work that has yet to be done. TWP have grown to having 130 school-based chapters in 35 states and one in Cameroon. Marilyn will be traveling to Haiti in January to visit schools within the Teach for Haiti network to establish relationships with and support teachers of faith who live there.
Full Transparency: Your financial support is desperately needed.
Teachers Who Pray at an inflection point: we do not have adequate funding to support another year of operation, let alone to scale our work. Your financial support will ensure that TWP can continue to support and equip teachers to ground their work in faith, prayer and spiritual practices so that they bring their best selves into the classroom everyday and maximize their impact on students and families. This is vitally important work that few organizations are doing.
The only way anyone can “take prayer out of schools” is if the adults in the schools stop praying. Teachers Who Pray shows educators how to legally pray in schools and gives them biblically inspired professional development to transform their school culture from the inside out.
We need to raise at least $300,000 by the end of our fiscal year on June 30, 2019 to maintain the level of service we are providing educators now, and we need to raise at least $300,000 more to begin to adequately scale our work to more school districts in America and around the world. We work hard and efficiently, stretching all the dollars we have as far as they will go.
Would you please help us get a head start on this fundraising campaign by making a year-end gift to Teachers Who Pray today? No gift amount is too big or too small. When you give, you will receive a downloadable copy of our 12-month teacher prayer guide, O Heart Vigilant and Sincere, as a thank you gift.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of Teachers Who Pray!!